Waiting at Austin airport I’m feeling a little glum because being at Austin airport means my R.A.T. Middle America has ended. And they pipe in only county music. Ugh!! Thank God for headphones and my worship playlist. No offense intended. I just don’t like country music. Sorry Blake!
East coast leg was completed in December 2014, west coast January 2015 and middle America began August 5.
- All hostels are not created equal. I’ve stayed in 2 rat traps.
- All hotels are not created equal. 2 more rat traps.
- Biggest surprise is that Lincoln, NE is a nice place to visit.
- Second big surprise is that not everyone in Texas wears cowboy boots.
- Biggest disappointment is that I didn’t see everyone I hoped to see.
- Second big disappointment was when my thru hiking/backcountry trip had to be cancelled,
- Missouri Botanical Gardens is worth the trip to St. Louis.
- New favorite city is Chicago.
- The reaction people have when I tell them how much they blessed my life has made me smile/cry/glad and will stay with me forever!
- 35 cities
- 5 planes
- 13 trains
- 7 buses
- 9 subways/light rails
- 3 taxis
- 5 ferries
- 4 car rentals
- 1 castle
- 2 gardens
- 6 museums
- 20 hotels
- 6 hostels
- 10 homes
- # miles traveled ??
- 56 people visited
I did not write as much as I wanted to and still have the entire west coast R.A.T. to re-live thru many blogs. I was much more interested in visiting the wonderful people I went to see, catching up with important events in their lives and laughing over our past shared experiences, even the painful ones.
There are many more adventures to have, e.g., my upcoming European tour and how God is going to spend the rest of my life. I’m ready. Let’s roll!